Swim Squads, Wright Robinson College
Pool based swim squads with an open water focus. Ideal for triathletes, fitness and open water swimmers
The home of Manchester’s Swim Smooth Squad!
We use Swim Smooth methodologies to get the most from your time in the pool with us. The sessions involve technique, fitness, pace awareness, Critical Swim Speed (CSS) work and open water skills.
These sessions are ideal for you if you want the camaraderie of swimming in a squad. Squad swimming has the benefit of having like-minded people around you – who will support you through those more challenging moments in training; celebrate your achievements with you and help push your swimming further than you could swimming by yourself.
We offer three weekly pool sessions:
- Tuesdays 8.30-9.45pm
- Thursdays 7.45-9pm
- Saturdays 2.30-4pm
Tuesdays and Thursdays
These sessions will:
- develop front crawl technique, open water skills, and fitness and pace awareness using CSS training.
- cover approx 2300-3200m (speed dependent).
- We have the whole pool and the maximum number of swimmers is 20.
- These sessions are ideal for triathletes, open water swimmers and fitness swimmers.
- Prerequisite: Minimum of 400m continuous front crawl required.
Saturdays aka ‘Super Saturdays‘!
These sessions will:
- challenge you over bigger intervals, testing your pace, endurance and mental skills.
- Push you in a race-like environment so you learn how to manage your thoughts and emotions.
- They will cover approx. 3500-5km (speed dependent).
- Great for 70.3, Ironman, longer open water swims or for those that love a tough session.
- We currently have half the pool on Saturday and swimmers are limited to 12.
- Prerequisite: Minimum of 1500m continuous front crawl required.
You will be asked to sign up for a couple of different price options, so we know which day(s) you’re aiming to regular train with us:
- Squad: Any day 10 session pass £70. valid 3 months
- Squad: Saturday 10 session pass £70. valid 4 months*
- Squad: Single session (valid either day) £8
*Please note the Saturday pass is valid for 4 months as there are some Saturdays where we can’t get the pool due to existing bookings.
We operate a PAYG BLUK (Pay As You Go But Let Us Know) system. This means you sign up for a day e.g. Tuesday and then opt out of sessions if you can’t make them. If you opt out with more than 12 hours notice, you don’t lose a credit, but if you opt out after 12 hours notice you lose a credit. Opting out also allows other people to book onto this session.